Our Lawyers have been involved in some of the largest transactions affecting businesses and provide advice and daily counsel to small and medium size businesses.
Our practice encompasses the area of general corporate and commercial law and our lawyers are highly skilled in specific areas such as acquisitions and divestitures, taxation and regulatory compliance. The diverse skills of the members of our Corporate & Commercial Group allow us to provide a complete range of business law services. We are able to adapt and respond to our clients’ specific business needs, no matter how complex they are.
Most Recent Transactions:
- Advised a US utility in the structuring of a USD 2 billion stranded cost bond financing (including legislative, lobbying and structured finance transactional matters) in a particular African country.
- Successfully represented a leading service company on the local tax implications of their Merger and Acquisitionand Acquisition.
- Assisted a major international telecommunications company on shareholder and tax issues.
- Provided due diligence, contract negotiation and closing of acquisition of an oilfield service company.
- Represented an American provider of commercial cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions in distribution agreements contracts in Equatorial Guinea.
- Advised one of the world’s largest multinational food suppliers in connection with trademarks and intellectual property issues in Africa (OAPI).
- Advised an American Oil and Gas company in relation to an existing Product Sharing Contract in Equatorial Guinea
- Advised a Chinese investor on the acquisition of a controlling position in an Equatorial Guinean company.
- Represented a client in connection with the purchase of company holding interests in the marginal oil fields program in Nigeria.
- We familiarize international corporate clients with corporate and civil law matters in Equatorial Guinea, real estate, foreign investment, acquiring property rights, leasing properties, and joint investment agreements in Malabo, Bata and other regions.
- Currently involved in numerous transactions involving the transfer of securities and company re-estructuring.