At Centurion Law Firm, our Lawyers and Tax Advisors believe that constructive, practical and understandable tax advice is an essential component of business in Equatorial Guinea. Our specialized tax advisors provide business tax consulting and planning, as well as representation before Equatorial Guinea’s taxing authorities and courts.
Our tax lawyers work with most of the leading players in Equatorial Guinea and we help them make tax a more controllable and predictable cost. Centurion is renowned for its insightful advice and the depth of our knowledge of Equatorial Guinea and its leading industries.
We have extensive experience serving oil and gas . whichcompanies, which enables our tax lawyers to help a range of companies in Equatorial Guinea address issues such as the tax impacts associated with employees and understanding the tax considerations involved with expanding operations into Equatorial Guinea.
Centurion lawyers advise companies on tax compliance issues where they assist companies in the oil and gas industry with corporate income tax, royalties, production taxes, compliance, statutory reporting, tax accounting calculations, expatriate tax return processing and indirect tax reporting. Our tax experts also have extensive experience with both negotiating and litigating tax disputes with the taxing authorities in Equatorial Guinea and within the Gulf of Guinea.
Most Recent Transactions:
- Represented an international oil & gas company in a dispute over the application of a special tax rate under a Production Sharing Contract. Our team won the dispute despite unpromising previous case law on the issue.
- Advised various major international companies on how to apply the Equatorial Guinean tax regime within the scope of a Production Sharing Contract, with a view to overcoming unhelpful case law trends.
- Representing and defending an international oilfield services company in courts against a substantial claim by a state agency.;
- Advised an international company on tax planning and structuring in Equatorial Guinea.
- Represented an oil and gas company in a dispute on the additional accrual of taxes when transfer pricing rules were applied.
- Currently advising construction and oil and gas service companies in Malabo and Bata on the tax implications of various projects.
- Successfully represented a leading service company on the tax implications of their Merger and Acquisition.
- Assisted a major international telecommunications company on shareholder and tax issues.
- Advised a major oilfield service company in a customs dispute related to imported equipment.
- Advised a Big Four accounting firm, with regards to the application of VAT and other tax issues in Equatorial Guinea.
We have and are currently representing major oil and gas companies, international service providers to the oil & gas industry, airlines, international banks and manufacturing businesses in tax and custom cases.